Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Being Thankful for the small stuff

It's been 2 years since our son "Joseph" went to be with Jesus...Oh how much I miss his smiley face ... how I miss his curly black hair and those big brown eyes.... those small moments with him .. curled up on the couch reading a book.... snuggling on a crisp fall morning .....these small moments that now are more precious than ever. Did I take the time back then to realize how important those moments were ... No, I think I took them forgranted as I rush through life.... I've been struggling with people.. the hustle and bustle of life.... and how fast everyone goes ... and really do you take time to enjoy the small things??

Today, I was picking up Christian from school and as I was pulling out of the parking lot I looked in my rear view mirror and noticed Christian was just staring out the window.... Hm... I though, what in the world could he be thinking?

I arrived home to find Chuck and John having a great conversation about what went on at kindergarten.... for a brief second I saved that moment and realized they are making a memory.

After all the bigger kids came home from school, all five of my kiddo's were looking out the back window of our house discussing how the leaves were swirling in the yard and what tree did they come from and Nick saying how far do you think that one traveled.  Amazing small moment making a memory.

Today..  I have come to realize that God just don't give you these small moments of time to waste time... He gives us these moments to have us all remember why we are here... I believe in my heart this was God's plan and purpose for my life to be a mom.... I've had a career, I've done things for me in my life .. but now God has in trusted these five very special people into my life for me to love and guide through this life and someday they will figure out there purpose..

AMAZING!!!  God's love is so powerful that you can find it in the small stuff....

So take time to enjoy those small moments throughout life God makes possible and remember them always!!

No comments:

Post a Comment