Friday, September 24, 2010

Giving up Control!

It's hard to give up control.... on a lot of things....

Over the past several months we have been dealing with a lot of issues with our daughter.....

Our daughter has Asperger's syndrome which is on the Autistic spectrum... As if that is not difficult enough to deal with ... She also has Reactive Attachment disorder... which makes it very hard for her to trust or realize she can depend on others.... and finally she is a teenage girl....

As a mom I know that I should be able to a handle everything and anything that she throws my way but wow it's much harder to do this.... The other part is that I was a teenage girl but don't remember doing a lot of what she says and does.... Disabilities a side she is a normal teenager..... I guess taking more time to think about it there are probably a lot of things that I did maybe a different way...... God Bless my mom .... who I can imagine dealt with a lot but still plugged along and look I turned out ok....

So, in my mind I know all the struggles now and all the not seeing eye to eye eventually will die down and we at some point will be able to communicate where there is a "your not getting it" from me and a "you don't understand being a girl" from her... but when??  A lot of people (not medical people) try to tell us it's her disabilities, and we won't allow our kids that have disabilities use them as a crutch because as we all know in this great big world people eat up people with disabilities... So, as I preach to all my kids... God doesn't create bad people, he created all of us for a purpose and for you it might take a bit longer and take a different route to get there... but you will fulfil your purpose.

So, as I continue to struggle to parent my 15 year old teenage girl.... I know that with God's love and God giving me lots of patience and guidance... she will turn out to be a great person!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment