Saturday, September 18, 2010

It's starting to look like fall.

As I awoke at 6 am this morning and looked out side it was very quite, no birds chirping, no hustle and bustle of folks going to work or school.  It was very amazing to gaze out the window looking at leaves blowing, tree's moving and the awesome works of God in the beautiful red, yellow, and green upon every tree.

I LOVE FALL!!  The excitement of the kids going back to school (as most parents enjoy).  Football season starting (High School and NFL).  It's black and gold time at our house.  The neighborhood is starting to change.  People are putting there fall attire on their homes. People are spending more time inside.  Arranging and changing clothing in their closets. Living in PA you need to grab your coat most days. 

My kids are starting to mention..... What am I Going to be for Halloween?  Who's house are we eating turkey at?  Are we going to the pumpkin patch?  I love all of these questions....


As a mom I look forward to this time of the year.... the possibilities of learning... the fun we have watching the football games.. the great food we can put in the crock pot and smell all day long.... the excitement I see on my kids faces when they pick out their pumpkins... no matter how big or small.... the amazement as we sit down to say thanks and one of the kids says "Thanks for mom and dad".... Amazement I say because I know this all would not be possible without GOD in our lives... and the amazing things and the blessings he gives.

So, as we begin this season of so much excitement, changes, and the possibilities... remember to put GOD 1st in your life!  Thank God for this amazing season.

No comments:

Post a Comment