Monday, September 20, 2010

What do you mean?

So, It's Monday... I'm up early getting the kiddo's ready for school and I remember I have to appear in court today.... UG!!

A few weeks ago.... we had some stuff stolen out of our mini van which sits on the street in the town we live in.... the most frustrating part was that some one violated our little mini van... not that our van is a Cadillac or anything but it ours and we paid for it.  This person did not do any damage to our van but it's the point they touched it......

So, in the past couple of weeks we have gotten calls from our local police department explaining they are retrieving stolen stuff and could we please come and identify if it's ours..... so, not that this is a bad thing... it's the time issue.... my schedule is already overflowing with things to do, appointments, and school volunteer times...... but I also understand we want our stuff back....

Finally, on Friday I receive an official letter from the courts system stating I have been summoned to appear in court on Monday to verify the stuff that the police have in their position is mine... OK!  Enough!  I could handle the phone calls, the police report, the coming to the station to verify stuff but now I only get 3 days notice to appear in court and for those of you who know where I live this is a trip on a Monday morning in rush hour traffic down a 2 lane highway where most mornings your crawling.....

So, I am very thankful that they caught the person who violated our possessions but honestly I don't think the courts realize all the work the victims have to do to get their stuff back!  Happy Monday! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment