Sunday, September 19, 2010

God's Amazing Love in Action!

We were in limbo, searching for a church that was best for the whole family.  My Aunt told me about Crossroads Presbyterian Church, she had been attending this church for a few years and said you would really like the Pastor.  So, Chuck and I decided that we would give it a try. 

It only took two Sunday's... listening to the most awesome sermons and the people were truly amazing!  You felt God's presence when you walked through the doors of the church.  So, I decided to sign up to help with VBS. Again meeting more of the people within the church and what an experience.  The kids were amazing, the program was great and we just felt at home at this church.

The Sunday after VBS we spoke with the pastor and explained we would like to join the church.  So, we joined... we did not jump into volunteering for too much because the kids kept us busy.... but soon I had feelings that God was calling me to help in some areas of the church, it took me a while to determine where I could us my talents but I found my places.

This past weekend WOW :) what an amazing testament of God's love for us... I am in the wedding group, and this weekend we had a wedding at the church, helping out the bride and the groom, talking with the people and the amazing love story this couple had... you could really tell God was working in both of them... Then today, we celebrated our Sunday School helpers and teachers and what a blessing to see all of the dedication and time each of these people bring.  As a Sunday school teacher it's amazing the children and you can really see the "sponge" like learning going on... again a testament of God's work. 

Then tonight we ordained our Youth Pastor and what an amazing guy he is.... Pastor Ben has a zest for life, a love for his church, and his talents used almost everywhere at Crossroads..... Again God's hands working.....

I am so glad and honored to serve our Lord and I am especially thankful to him for directing us to Crossroads... What an amazing family to belong to...

So, for those of you reading if you don't have a personal relationship with Jesus, please take a moment to pray and ask him to come into your heart forever! 

No comments:

Post a Comment